Your privacy is very important to us and this policy has been created to demonstrate our commitment to protecting your personal information and privacy. Star Hospital Limited, Sanepa Height, Lalitpur, Nepal (referred to as "we", "us" or "our") is the author and publisher of these online resources including the hospital website, branded mobile applications and patient portal and self-help systems, collectively known as our "Services". This privacy statement explains what personal data we collect from you and how we use that data.
Data Protection Principles
We are committed to complying with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
- Collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes stated in this policy and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for those purposes;
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
- Kept for no longer than is necessary for those purposes; and
- Processed securely
To ensure the privacy of data, we utilize protocols like TLS (Transport Layer Security) during the transmission of information over the Internet. We utilize industry standard encryption systems for safely keeping backup data. The information is stored securely at our information systems with adequate data protection and security.
Collection of Personal Information
While providing some of the services, we need to establish your basic demographic data or identify you in our systems in order to access your electronic medical records in our systems so that we can perform diagnosis and treatment appropriately. Information collected by us from you may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Contact information such as your address, phone numbers or email address;
- Demographic information like age, date of birth or gender
- Service usage information like history of appointments and other transactions
- History of online services use
- Electronic health and medical records including your past medical history and conditions, diagnostic reports, prescriptions and medication history
- Information related to Insurance provider, plan and facilities
- Any information you voluntarily choose to provide us.
Some aspects of the service allows you to provide updated information about yourself to help with keeping your health records or demographic information up to date.
We may, however, from time to time, collect anonymized usage statistics of our Services and monitor feature engagements. Such information shall be limited to understanding how our services are being used helping us to improve our Services.
Cookies and other data collection technologies
In addition to cookies, we may log information about your device, including the existence of cookies, your IP address and information about your browser. The purpose of this information collection is to diagnose service issues and to administer and track your usage of our platforms.
Any information you provide us, including sensitive personal information, is voluntary. You understand that we may use certain information of yours, including the ones that have been designated as sensitive for the following purposes:
- For the purpose of providing you the Services;
- For commercial purposes and in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form for research, statistical analysis and business intelligence purposes,
- Transfer of such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to our partners.
We reserve the right to use information provided by or about the user of our services and products for the following purposes:
- Publication of information on our website, journal and other publications
- Contacting users for feedback on our products and services, or in providing offers and schemes
- Understanding online services usage and feature engagements and analyzing software usage patterns for improving our online services, products and designs.
- Analyzing anonymized information for commercial use.
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you provide us, such as your contact information provided as part of account registration. If your personal information changes, you may correct, delete inaccuracies, or amend information by making the change on your profile information page on the online services website or the mobile app or by contacting us via email (provided with this document). We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete (or becomes untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete), or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that the information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, we may, at our sole discretion, discontinue the provision of the Services to you.
Changes and Further Information
Consent to this Policy
Addressing Query and Grieviences
Should you have further queries and concerns or if you would like further information about privacy please contact us at:
Privacy and Information Officer
Last Updated: Apr 2020